Leaf peeping is always a good reason to hit the road during the fall in New England. Frankly, the quilt show calendar is equally inspiring.
5 Don’t Miss New England Quilt Shows
- Dear Jane Quilt at Bennington Museum All 5609 pieces of the amazing Dear Jane quilt go on exhibit each autumn. This year, it’s on display until through Columbus Day weekend in Bennington, VT.
- Rising Star Quilt Guild On October 2 and 3, 2015, Lexington’s St Brigid Church hosts the Guild’s annual show.
- Tewksbury Quilt Show October 17 – 18 at the Tewksbury Senior Center. Their theme this year is “Silver Threads.”
- Burlington Quilters Show is the following weekend (October 24 – 25) at the Middlesex Community College.
- A Quilter’s Gathering in Manchester, NH from November 5 – 8 includes not just a show, but a wide range of classes and plenty of vendors.
Of course, be sure to stop by the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, where Carol Bryer Fallert’s quilts are on display through October 31. There’s also a great exhibit of Civil War Era quilts on exhibit, too!
It’s time to hit the road!