Longarm Quilting 101:
- Quilt preparation.
- Loading and preparing the quilt for stitching.
- Various types of quilting including edge to edge, ruler work, and free motion custom quilting.
- Available threads and patterns
- Resources and techniques to improve your quilting design plans.
With a maximum class size of 9 quilters, you will learn how to load a quilt, choose patterns, thread, and batting. Each participant receives a booklet covering the class information for your future reference. You can try free motion, ruler work, and pantographs and observe the computer guided longarm quilting machines available to rent.
The class runs from 9 am to noon. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Covered beverages and a snack may be useful. Bring a pencil to take notes in your booklet and bring your questions! Your class fee includes a 2 hour credit toward your first studio block rental. Register for an upcoming Longarm 101 Quilting class by calling (781) 229 – 0734 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the $60 class registration to Burlington Electric Quilters, 264 Cambridge St. Burlington, MA 01803.
- Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Saturday, June 1, 2019
- Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Saturday, August 3, 2019
- Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Saturday, November 2, 2019
- No class will be held in December
After Class Completion
Once you take the Introduction to Longarm Quilting class, you are ready to reserve your first studio block. Choose from either a half day (4 hour) or whole day block (max 8 hours).
Many customers enjoy our Subscription Program, where studio block rentals are available for less by paying a reduced hourly rate. Learn more about Burlington Electric Quilters Subscription Program.